Nation name: Holy Oceanian Empire (but please call me Xianghou on the map thanks as that's my village name)
Are you a Meihua village member? (Yes/No): Yes
Reference: The location of my port shall be inside the red circle (as seen from the image above).
- Village Name (Latin script): Xianghou
- Village Name (native language, if different): Japanese: 東洋の真珠
- Meaning of name: Pearl of the Orient
Population & Demographics
- Total Territory Population: 8,895 villagers
- Language and Ethnic Group: Eternalese (85%), Cantonese (8%), Japanese (5%), Mei (2%)
- Religion:Xianghou is a secular nation, although it recognises freedom of religion as a natural right. All religions throughout Meihua can worship their religions within Xianghou so long as it does not conflict with the right to life or its codified law.
Main Economic Imports and Exports:
Exports: Tea, fabric, dye, furniture, fish, rubber, iron and gold
Imports: Grain, cattle, timber, tropical wood, glass, fruit, liquor and wine.
Brief History: Xianghou was formed 500 years ago as a small trading outpost on the outskirts of the Eternal Empire (
永遠の帝国). After a century of development, it became one of the most economically developed parts of the entire Imperial apparatus, even rivalling the metropole itself. Access to both sides of the Straits of the Celestial Gate allowed for the speedy development of Xianghou. As the Eternal Empire collapsed, however, It became apparent to port delegates and the viceroy himself that the Empire would not return. Xianghou was left to fend for itself. This however was no obstacle as over the years as the port developed into a key bottleneck for trade. Throughout Meihua, Xianghou is known for its luxury tea and financial prowess. Its excessive lifestyle and vanity though leave a lot to be desired.
Any other notes about your village:
-Xianghou is an incredibly democratic port that holds natural and legal rights dearly
-Trade, commerce and economic prowess are major pillars in their way of life, embedded culturally from the dead Eternal Empire. Free trade is its economic doctrine.
-Its villagers are incredibly inclusive, demonstrating multiculturalism.
-Xianghou is a modernised community seeking the highest and most advanced technologies from its priority on education.